Last Updated: 08/13/2013
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, if you place an order, we may collect your name, postal address, phone number, email address, billing information, the kind of product purchased, credit card information and other information about your purchase. We also collect information you provide us in order forms, newsletter sign-ups, feedback forms, emails, and contest sign-ups. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
When you use our Services, some information is automatically collected. When you visit our Site or use our App, we may automatically collect information sent to us by your computer or the wireless phone, tablet, or other mobile device (“Device”) on which you install the App, such as the date and time you first opened the App, the Unique User ID (“UUID”) we assigned to your Device, [device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, operating system, domain name, and the website you visited before our Site]. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site and App.
When you use the Product, we will collect the data generated by the Product, e.g., organic, radiation, temperature, humidity, and EMF data you collect (“Environment Data”). The App includes a geo-location feature, which may use geo-location technology to approximate the location of your Device (“Location Data”). We use Location Data to record Environmental Data for various locations. This Location Data feature is optional, however, if you choose not to allow the App to access your Device’s location, certain features of the App may not be available.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site, App or in connection with our Products and services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver Services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Lapka and our selected partners;
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties.
Lapka may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may create aggregate or de-identified information from your personal information. We may use this information for any purpose.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company, or any bankruptcy proceedings.
If you opt-in to sharing your Environment Data, we may share your Environment Data and Location Data publicly, including in the Lapka Environmental Map (http://map.mylapka.com).
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with any third party.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Lapka uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, Lapka cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN.
We do not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above. Continued use of our Service, following such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and consent to be bound by such changes.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or have questions about Lapka’s practices, please contact us at:
391 Sutter Street Suite 303
San Francisco, CA, 94108
347 320 9241