Lapka Breath Alcohol Monitor is a personal device that analyzes alcohol metabolism and allows you to track your measurements over time, compare with friends and share with the world. Using it is simple. There is no synchronization, no pairing, no special instructions.
Lapka BAM is designed to be used right out of the box.
However, here are some pointers:
- Download the Lapka BAM app from either the App Store or Google Play and open it on your phone.
- Make a fist around the Lapka BAM device and raise it to your lips.
- Activate the device by blowing into the opening between your thumb and index finger.
- Follow the instructions in the app to enter your name and email. You'll receive a device ID.
- Your device and app are now ready. Blow for 4 seconds to take your first reading! The BAM icon on your phone screen will fill up completely when finished.
- Save your reading. The measurements go to Lapka’s server in order to send you a morning email report that lists your measurements, places you went and people you partied with. You can always switch this feature on and off by going to Phone Setting > Lapka BAM.
- When you let your friends take a measurement, change their name in the app by tapping on your name on the top of the result screen.
- Shake your phone to switch to the PRO mode.
- For the most accurate results, give yourself 20 minutes after taking a drink. This avoids high and inaccurate “mouth alcohol” measurements.
Lapka BAM uses sound waves (inaudible clicks) to transmit data, which significantly lowers power consumption and increases battery life. You'll have to recharge it once every 1-2 months.
- Lapka will notify you if your battery is running low, or you can check it in the settings menu in the Lapka BAM app.
- When the battery charge is low, use the charger that comes with your Lapka BAM (USB to 2,5mm connector).
- Plug one side of the charger into the back of the Lapka BAM device and the other side into any USB port
- The LED on the back of the device stops blink when it is fully charged (after 20-30 minutes).